Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve with My Family






This year for Christmas, it was Rob and Rachel's year to spend with my family. Jason also didn't have to work Christmas Eve, and since I'm still orienting, neither did I! I guess I can pretty much say that it will be our last "normal" holiday season for quite some time, as after this year, both Jason and I can pretty well plan on both working the crap shifts. Oh well, at least this year was really nice! For Christmas Eve, we went to my parent's house and enjoyed our traditional "walk around" dinner. My contribution to the meal was a turkey for sammies and fried crab puffs. We also decided to go crazy and use fresh crab meat! After taking one look into the crevase of the crab, and almost vomiting, Jason decided that it would probably be best if he did the shucking of the crab! I am grateful for a husband who will do the nasty crap in the kitchen when I don't want to!



After dinner, we had our Christmas Program, complete with Jason's 4th year of playing the donkey who carried Mary to the inn. Hazen was totally noncompliant, and wouldn't cooperate with poor director Abbie's directives, much to her dismay. Maybe next year, Abbie. After sufficiently hyping the kids up on sugar, and having to break them away from the Santa Tracker every 5 minutes, we opened jammies at Grandma's house, and then headed home.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so weird to see how much your nieces and nephews have grown up! They are gorgeous! And you look great too girl. NSC hug.