Friday, April 16, 2010

Musings.

Last night, Hazen and I were at my parents house, when he came up to me, grabbed me by the hand and said, "Come here Mom, I want to show you the toys. Come on!" So, I followed him downstairs to the playroom in my parent's basement. Getting down to the room can be a little bit scary, as it's at the end of a very dark hallway, as we went, turning on the lights, Hazen gripped my hands tighter and tighter, but still being brave saying, "Come on Mom. I'm going to make you dinner." Once we got to the playroom, he told me to sit down, and proceeded to get a plate out of the cabinet and placed it in front of me. I sat back for the next 20 minutes and watched him talk to me about how he was making me dinner, and he just looked so content. It was as if all was well in the world, and that he was so free of worries and concerns, and it made me so happy. I know that I can't be with him as much as I'd like, but times like these make me feel so much better, knowing that he's HAPPY. He was talking a mile a minute, and I know that he was thrilled to have some time alone to be just him and his Mama. We laughed, and every now and again he would walk over to me and give me a hug and say, "I love you THIIIIISSSS much, Mom." I can only imagine how difficult having two parents in school might be, but I feel so grateful that Hazen is such a good boy. He's smart, he's sweet, he's funny, and he loves to snuggle and be my buddy. Of all the kids in the entire planet that I could have been sent, I'm so grateful that Hazen chose to come to our family. He brings Jason and I more joy than could ever be put into words, and I find myself earnestly praying in gratitude for my life's biggest blessing.

0 comments: