Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter







Holidays are becoming really fun, because Hazen is actually starting to understand them. With the recent occurrence of Easter, it was so much fun being able to see such a cute little boy marvel at something that had become so “non-exciting” to me. I had a little bit of “Mommy guilt” associated with the fact that buying the things for his basket was a little last minute. It’s hard to go all out and do things as well as my mom did when I’m so busy with school. I hope Hazen doesn’t feel jipped for it, and that the love and attention Jason and I work so hard to provide him with is enough to compensate for the fact that he had a girly basket bought from Smiths. We probably could have purchased nothing else but the basket, and he would have been a happy camper. He loved going on egg-hunts, and he would shout and laugh every time he found an egg to put in the basket. In fact, a week later, it’s really difficult to get him to go anywhere without it. I had clinicals on Saturday, so I wasn’t able to see him in the Egg-hunt at Heather’s neighborhood, which was a little bit of a disappointment for me, but I heard it was really cold, so I didn’t miss out on too much. We were lucky enough to have the California Hazen’s come to see us for Easter, so Hazen really loved spending time with cousins that he doesn’t get to see too often. It’s hard to be patient with him with all of the candy he was eating, and lack of sleep he was getting, but at the end of the day, I’m so grateful for my Savior, and that he made it possible to be with my sweet little family forever.







0 comments: