Thursday, April 8, 2010

Freaking Pink Eye


Ok, WHO gets pink eye other than 7 year old kids? I guess me. After a shift at the hospital a few Saturdays ago, I noticed that things weren't quite right before I went to bed. When I woke up the next morning with my eye crusted shut, I couldn't believe that I had gotten pink eye!!! I wasn't there for church, and had texted Aubrey to let her know that if she was feeling homely, she should just come see me, because there is NOTHING on this earth to make you feel worse than having pink eye! Not 5 minutes later, I heard a knock at the door, and heard that Jason was needing to get some food out of the freezer we share. Imagine how hard I laughed when I opened the door to see Brown Jason wearing a gas mask, gloves, and toting Lysol wipes. Before he opened everything, he made sure to wipe it down completely with the Lysol wipes, lest he contract pink eye from me! It was definitely the highlight of my day. Needless to say, all parties involved, including my family, were able to escape the dreaded Pink Eye, and my wonderful Optometrist called in a prescription on a Sunday to help me get rid of the infection. I'll definitely be washing my hands EVEN MORE than I already do when I'm at the hospital!

1 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

Sick. I got pink eye when I was nannying the twins a few years ago and felt really disgusting. BUT it's not as dirty as having lice. Don't you think?!