Monday, November 16, 2009

Round Here






I feel bad for my posterity that I haven't been doing a fabulous job updating the blog lately. Things are SO.STINKING.BUSY. I got Bronchitis like, the 3rd week of school, which took me out for a week, and kind of screwed me over, but I've been able to recover from the time that it took me away. We're all so lucky that Hazen has stayed healthy thus far (knock on wood.....), and we've avoided the dreaded Piggie Flu. :)

Jason is working a ton, and doing well in school this semester. We have mostly the same classes, which is fun, because I really enjoy having my back scratched during school. It's nice having someone to keep me company, as this semester has been lonely. Jason really excels at clinicals and in skills lab. He's found his love, which is ER. Jason's actually been able to do way more at clinicals than I have, and he does it well. I'm a little jealous. :)

I've just been trying SO HARD to do well in school this semester. I have mental health nursing, Med/Surg, Microbiology, and Oral Communications. Mental health is the bane of my existence. The teacher that I have has NO BUSINESS teaching, and I find it insulting that she's even employed as an instructor. When we have questions in class, she tells us to "Google it", which is unacceptable. It's really taken the wind out of my sails this semester. I joke that "PB" is stealing my soul. She gives me rage. I count down the minutes until I never have to sit in one of her classes again. Too bad I have her for TWO CLASSES next semester. I quit. Microbiology is giving me a run for my money. It's supposed to be an easy A, but I'm struggling. I joke that I'm failing micro. I'm actually getting an 87%, but it's the same thing, isn't it? :) Oral Communications is easy. Med/Surg is NOT easy, but I love that class. The teacher is brilliant, and is truly invested in her student's succeeding, and gives them the tools to do just that without enabling them. She's the female version of Duane, my A&P teacher than i just adored. This semester has been really, really, really hard, though. Not so much mentally (which is has), but emotionally. I go to school, and I feel really alone. I miss Ashley. I think that finding the best friend I'll ever have when I was so young has done me more harm than good, because it makes being hurt by friends now as an adult so much worse. I'll just pay my dues, get out of school, and then move to Seattle. Sound like a plan, Ash?

Hazen is my little ray of fiesty sunshine. Sometimes he's such a booger who really likes to press my buttons, but he's also such a sweet little boy. He's snuggly, and sweet, and smart, and funny. Heather's been watching him while I'm at school, and he loves her more than me. I'm actually not joking. In all honesty, it makes me REALLY sad that he calls her Mommy more than he addresses me as such, but at the same time, I'm counting my blessings over and over again that when I can't be with him, he's being taken care of. She loves him, and he knows it. Heather is my best buddy. I sure love her. Hazen has been wearing his fire hat non-stop since the week before Halloween. It is driving me crazy. In good news though, it's kept me from having to take him to get another haircut, which he so desperately needs.

So, we're good around here. 9 months left of school, and hopefully things will look up, but who the crap even knows. At least we have each other, right?



1 comments:

Gabriella said...

Anne I am so impressed by everything you are doing, seriously your amazing. I don't think I could ever do it and I admire you and your all your hard work. Your right, it will pay off in the end. Hey can you e-mail me your phone number I got a new phone and I don't have it anymore. amandabailey64@hotmail.com
Hang in there, your an incredible mother and you inspire me!