Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween!















As you can see, I'm doing everything I can to catch up on the blogging that I've neglected over the past few weeks!

Halloween came and went this year, and it was so much fun! I was having a hard time getting into the Halloween spirit- I didn't even dress up, but it was so much fun watching Hazen enjoy his first REAL year trick or treating. It's crazy to think that it's his 3rd Halloween, and looking back at how much he's grown each year. It makes me just a little bit sad. This year, Hazen was a Fireman. We were able to hide the costume until the week before, and I'm glad that we did, because now, almost 3 weeks later, he's still wearing his fire hat to bed, and just about EVERY PLACE that we go. It makes him happy though, and he's not hurting anyone. When we dressed him in his costume, he was so excited! He absolutely adores all things fire, and you could tell that he was thrilled to be a "real live Fireman"!

Once we got all dressed up, we headed over to Heather's house, where Hazen was ecstatic to see his cousins. Abbie went Trick-or-Treating with her friends next door, Hannah Montana, I mean Mia, Max, and Hazen decided to go at it together. Max, true to form was more interested in eating than running from door to door. He would be a good house or two behind everyone else, just chomping on whatever candy he could get his cute little hands on. He was the perfect "Wild Thing", as he was covered in chocolate before the trick-or-treating even began! Hazen, on the other hand, ran screaming from house to house. "Go go go go!!!" It was hilarious! I'm not sure he even knew what he was doing, but he was sure excited to knock on people's doors, and then say "Thank You Mommy" every time.

After, we went back to Heather's house for dinner in a pumpkin and homemade doughnuts. The more time I spend with my family, the more grateful I am that we all live so close. We have SO MUCH FUN together, and I always feel so at home when they're around. It doesn't matter what stress I have going on in my life, I know I can always make a joke with Heath, count on a hug from my Mom, or obtain some comforting words from my Dad. I wish that Heidi and Rob lived nearby. How many people are lucky enough to say that they live within 5 minutes of most of their family? Hazen is SO HAPPY when he's with the cousins and Grandma and Grandpa! After Hazen was sufficiently exhausted, we headed home, and fell into bed. It was a great Holiday!










3 comments:

Heather said...

....and then some ho stole my stroller.

Connie said...

Jack was a fireman once. He wore his jacket and hat and carried his axe everywhere, even church, until it all disintegrated. Must be in the DNA.

heidiram said...

Thanks! Mr. Crap must have me blocked because I can't leave a comment on his blog.