Monday, November 16, 2009

Cooking Mama


-

I've found that I go in spurts with cooking and being a completely lazy piece of crap who wants to grab something to eat every night. I've been trying REALLY REALLY hard lately to try to cook more, and I've come up with some delectable delights.

Cobb Salad. This meal was SO EASY, and it was incredibly delicious. It kept me stuffed for hours, and it was a healthful, well-rounded meal. I need to make this again. Maybe this week? Sounds good to me!

Chinese Cashew Chicken and Pork Pot Stickers. This meal was a little more time intensive than I may have otherwise thought, but I was able to feed the WHOLE fam (Grandma/Grandpa, Heather and Fam) without having to really blink at the amount of food I was making. That was my favorite part of it- I hate it when you try to cook for a lot of people, and the undertaking becomes incredibly difficult.

Shrimp Bisque. I got this recipe from my friend, Megan, and I quickly realized that it was the most unhealthy meal I might have EVER made. With that said, WOW. It was so freaking delicious, and I look forward to making it for my family in a week when they're here for Thanksgiving!

I need to stop being so lazy about cooking. I feel like I've been blessed with a talent to cook, and to do it well, so I need to utilize it at every possible chance!

1 comments:

Megan and Jonny said...

Wow. I'm speechless! I'm pretty sure this is the equivalent of Rachel Ray telling everyone she likes your recipe. Or maybe better. You're probably a better cook than she is.

Glad you liked it. And you should really put together a recipe blog. Because I look at the meals you make and realize I could never do that on my own. Basically what I'm saying is "teach me everything you know."

Oh, and if you ever spill the bisque in the backseat of your car, just buy a new one. Because it will smell like vomit and you will NEVER GET RID OF IT.