Sunday, March 29, 2009

Best Purchase of My Life




Let me bring you back to about 4 months ago. Aubrey and I were at Costco, enjoying the taste testers, as per usual. We decided to stop by the Vita-mix display, and we found true love. A blender that could do anything? It could make soup, ice cream, and smoothies that would change your life. The only thing standing in our way? $400 and getting our husbands to consent to spending that much on a "blender".


Fast forward to last Saturday. Hazen and I were at Costco, minding our business, and behold! The Vita-Mix lady was there again. I was on the phone with Jason at the time, and I asked her when the next time the demonstration would be in town. "6 months", she replied. SIX MONTHS????? I simply couldn't wait that long. Since Jason was planning on getting me the Vita-Mix for our anniversary, he sighed, and told me to buy it. I promptly texted Aubrey and told her that I was buying it. She in turn, loaded Jason into the car and bought one too. Best buddies have to have matching $400 appliances, didn't you get the memo??



The first 2 things I made caused me to be a little nervous. They didn't turn out JUST how the lady at Costco's did. Never fear, friends. Since buying my incredible Vita-Mix, I've used it at least once a day, and fall deeper in love each morning as I sip my total fruit juice. I feel my body thanking me for giving it all of my servings of fruit and one serving of Veggies before 9am hits.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! But I especially love your cool glasses.

April said...

Who knew the ticket to happiness is a blender? Please check out Father of the Bride 1992--the blender scene in that movie--super funny! Great to hear from you.
April

Nortorious said...

Product? I need. Tell me how it's different and better than a regular blender.

Paige said...

Finally caught up on your blog, and mortified that you bought a $400 blender. But I'd spend that on shoes, so go figure.

Also can't believe you are LEAVING YOUR PRECIOUS BABY to go to school! What kind of mother are you, leaving that cute thing?






Just kidding, good for you! You'll be great. And your eyebrows rock.

Natasha Ireland said...

U Two are soooo fun. I remember back to our playgroup when we were all discussing these blenders. I'm sooo jealous. Can I come over and you whip me up some amazing vegtale shake that is good for me but tastes like heaven. Miss UR FACE

weeze or Alissa said...

Oh man, I've seen those things at Costco. Love how you can do the sorbet thing in there. But I prefer to crunch my veggies.
Have a super V8 kinda day!
weeze

Jenibelle said...

Good for you, but I'm with Paige, I'd rather wear $400 on my feet than wear it on my hips. (which is exactly where all the fruit would go.)

Alli said...

I want one soo bad! my mother in law has one, and it is AMAZING! i'm so jealous.