Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekly Update

So, this week was a pretty exciting one for us.

Monday: Jason worked, but also had his Polygraph test for the job at the Prison. Luckily, as we learned a few weeks prior, he isn't crazy, but he's also not a big fat liar. He passed. Hazen and I went and got a Library Card and two books. One sucked, so I took it back. The other one, "The Life of Pi" was loved by Heather, and I am currently on page 60 or so. It had snowed well over a foot the day before, so, while driving Jason's car, and trying not to die, I vowed it would be one of the last times I did so.

Tuesday: Jason, after hearing me tell him over and over again that I would never drive his car again, and I would feel much better having him avoid doing the same thing, consented to take a little drive over to Utah Auto Sales. While there, we test drove abotu 6 cars (all were taken to our house to see if they could make it up the treacherous driveway). We finally fell in love with a Blue Durango. Weren't we excited when we found out we could get a red one in better shape for less????

Wednesday: Looked for excuses to drive the Durango. Got Insurance, went tanning. Very eventful. Jason had his first test in Chemistry-- we think/hope he did well. The baby was still sick, however, I'm convinced that each day that goes by, he gets cuter and cuter. I am obsessed with this baby. (Do you love subsequent children as much??????) His Developmentalist came over, and was so impressed with all of his progress! He really is a rock star. He grew over 2 inches last month!! He is going to be strong and tall just like his daddy. I will forever be relegated to being the shrimp in my family, however, I'll have so nice big men to protect me!!

Thursday: Looked for more excuses to drive the Durango. We went to Verizon Wireless to see what phone I'm going to want in 2 weeks when I'm up for my "new every 2". I was disappointed, because nothing seems as cool to me now as the Razor seemed two years ago. We went to Physical Therapy with Hazen. He was a little bit cranky, but seemed to do pretty well. His head, which had a 7 mm differential 6 weeks ago, now only has less than a 6 mm differential. (translation: Mama's doing a good job at looking out for my baby when the inevitable happens and he's bald like his dad; he WILL have a nicely shaped head) The torticollis is improving, and he's right on track for where he should be. He's even ahead of his adjusted age (4 months) in some areas. We're so grateful he's making up so much ground. The exercises and stress are sure worth it. Did I mention I love my boys more than anything in the entire planet?? Jason had his Fire Class. I secretly love it because he's making 10 bucks an hour to go to school. The SAME training that we about paid 8k for him to do.

Friday: Duh Duh DUUUUUUUUUHHHHH!!! Jason got the job at the Prison. (Officially) We knew he pretty much had it for a while, but it's official now. He will be working with the Medical Department at the Utah State Prison. We are so excited! This job will afford our family so many opportunities, and we feel so blessed. I can't tell you how hard my husband works! He is such a stud, and he has stepped up to the plate like a maniac in doing what it takes to look out for his family. He rocks! Friday night, we went over to our friend's, Phil and Marci's house with our other friends, Andy and Emily. They (the men) all work on the Fire Department together, and we have really loved getting to know them better over the last few weeks. It's really nice, because since I have so many friends that I've been friends with for YEARS, Jason gets to have his friends from work. I love the wives, too, so everyone's happy. Phil and Marci have 3 kids, and Andy and Emily are finally pregnant after over 2 years of hoping!! It's awesome to have the kid thing in common, too.

Saturday: The fam did jack squat until about 5. We then went to Williams & Sonoma, and then to CPK for dinner. The baby was SOOO good on our date night. He is just so much fun to have around. My mom babysat him the night before, and I can't tell you how much I missed him by the time the night was over. Yeah, I'm THAT mom. Get over it. Anyone who has known me for longer than a year should be jumping for joy that I actually like my kid!

It was a good week. Jason starts work bright and early tomorrow morning (6 am-6 pm shifts) I also got an On-Call job at the Gold's Gym daycare. Meaning, I can work as much or as little as I want, but it will get us out of the house a little bit. I'm looking forward to it, because I really like the girls that I've gotten to know while dropping HAL off so I can go sweat to the oldies.

13 comments:

Heather said...

You forgot to mention the part about how rap music can stop people with really good hearing, but that if you have that gift, you are going to kick the bucket soon.

I heart Heroes.

Jenibelle said...

I wondered the same thing, would I, could I ever love a child as much as I loved Rachel...GOOD NEWS! You do! And the cool thing is that they all become your very favorite for a different reason!
Congrats on the job!! My sister worked her way through school teaching reading there years ago, you are going to get some great stories!

Gabriella said...

What a week! Congratulations on the job, that's awesome. When are we going to hang out? Now that you have a good car to drive in will you be coming to Logan anytime soon?

Unknown said...

Congrats on Jason's new job!! Hurray!!!

Brandi Lyn said...

Hey congrats on that new job! How exciting for you both!! I've always wanted to take a polygraph test. You know that new show 'The Moment of Truth'?? I went online to apply and everything...but Seth wont let me do it. lol. I look forward to stories your hubby will bring home from the prison!

CONGRATS again!!

paige said...

Hey! Fun week! Especially Saturday...I love doing nothing all day but having a fun night. Congrats on the job! That is so great, I can't wait until Lorin has a real job, but I can't complain too much right now.

Let's meet up! The only bad day for us next week would be Wednesday, the 20th. We can take pictures of our twinner cars...and wait, I will actually get to meed HAL!? Hooray!

Kirsten Krason said...

What a fun week! Congrats on the job! Now if I ever go to prison I know I'll be looked after. I'm sure this job will open up a lot of exciting new opportunities! Yay!!!

Anna said...

Congrats on your man's new job. Sounds like quite the job. I am so grateful that there are people out there that are willing to do that kind of work. And congrats on Hazen's growth. I know how rewarding that must feel,.

Hazen5 said...

I can't wait to hear about all the "Prison Break" stories!

Ashley Clark said...

Did you get the barbecue chicken pizza at CPK??

Nortorious said...

Yay for new job! I love money!

mamasuisse said...

Anne, it was so fun to meet you in real life tonight! When I first saw you, I thought, "That girl is so pretty. Wait . . . she looks familiar." Hal is adorable - I feel so privileged to have been able to hold him.

Oh yeah, congratulations on Jason's job and on the new car!

Celia Fae said...

You had your own little blog party? Jealous.

Okay, I'm catching up and I had to comment. I'm so glad things are going well for you, with HAL and with cars and with jobs and with everything. Way to make good choices so good things happen.

Happy V day. I heart you. Oh, and Hal too.