Friday, February 22, 2008

A Day with HAL

The Morning Starts at anywhere from 7:45 am to 9:30 am. This morning, it was 9:15. I heard a few little coughs and some moans, and I left this:



And rushed into the kitchen to make Hazen 6-8 oz of this:



I rush into his room, because he's so stinking cute, and immediately smile when I see this darling sight:



Even though he's still so cute, HAL is normally tired for a few minutes. So, sometimes before we eat, HAL and Mama snuggle for a few minutes on the couch. I tell him stories and we talk about how much I missed him in the night. I also thank him over and over again for sleeping for 12 whole hours!



After Breakfast, if Dad's home, HAL and Daddy like to play for a bit while Mom blogs....er, cleans the house like a dutiful wife should. They are so cute, it makes me happy to have them!



Before you know it, it's time for another little meal of Rice Cereal. It's always the easiest to strip HAL nekkid and feed him like that. He is still adjusting to the taste of the cereal!



Hazen gets nice and dirty, so we give him baths EVERYDAY! (Yeah right, it's like 3 times a week, tops.)



Hazen is starting to really enjoy playing in his Saucer, so we let him tire himself out there. He is happy!



After all of that hard work, it's time to take a nap. He winds himself down on either Mama or Daddy.



Few days go by without seeing MiaMia, Abbie, Cousin Maximo, and Aunt Dadoo. The boys play together while the girls either dress them up or play with them otherwise.



Before Bedtime, HAL joins Mama and Daddy in a game of cards. He loves to help out!



HAL and Mama have kisses and loves, and before you know it, it's 8 or 9 pm, time for bed!!


27 comments:

Marisa said...

...and thus ends another day in the life of Anne Lee.

I love and miss you! It's starting to sound cliche but I really do!

paige said...

Wow, he is turning into such the little boy! So cute! I love that you don't give him a bath everyday. I used to feel bad when I stopped getting Polly in every morning, but it's a huge fight...as you have read about 3 or 4 times...I also love that he is naked when he eats. I am trying to get out of that...you have to learn to not make a mess sometime! But...spaghetti sauce on the clothes makes me mad so I keep her stripped down for now. What a fun day! I love babies that sleep...and sleep. Ahh...

paige said...

Sorry about comment #2...but I was also going to say that I looked for those same pajamas for Polly & the baby this Christmas. They didn't have a baby size in West Jordan & didn't have a 3T in Park City...in any of the colors. I didn't think about just getting one at each store...freak, they would have been so cheap!

Heather said...

Lovely. I really need to do a day in the life of one of my kids.

Mia Mia's dress up outfit looks a leetle bit trashy doesn't it, no?

Celia Fae said...

Aw, Anne. That was so fun. I pretended I was a new mom and I had one kid. Thanks for letting me relive those days.

Hal is getting so big! He must eat a ton.

Amanda Fetters said...

*sigh* such a cute boy! and I love your headband, by the way.

Ashley Clark said...

If Jason were 6 months old, he would be Hal's identical twin. Doug concurs.

Gabriella said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how big he is looking, isn't it sad how fast they grow? Your such a great mom!

Paige said...

Please give me your baby. If he is stolen, check all green-baum sisters first.

Sarah said...

He is getting to be SO big! What a guy! Your day sounds absolutely perfect in my book... I can't wait to have the same type of day.

We find out tomorrow if it's a boy or girl.... yay!!!

Kirsten Krason said...

I too like the headband. Kudos.
p.s. your boy is adorable!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. And you look so cute! I got eva naked to feed her for the first little while too--it's just easier than extra laundry. :)

Jessica said...

Has anyone ever mentioned that your whole ENTIRE family has humongously beautiful smiles?

I'm a fan.

Ali said...

I think that HAL has your wrapped tightly around his finger... and rightly so, he's a puddin. I can't believe you're already in rice cereal mode. It sure goes fast!

Anna said...

Dang Anne, you really do have one cute baby boy!

Unknown said...

so fun and so cute! I can tell your are an amazing mother!

Hazen5 said...

Everyone should be jealous because I get to have 6 days with Anne and Hal! Can't wait to you guys come to S.D.

Brandi Lyn said...

Ok, that was just adorable. Hal is such a little stud! ...oh and to echo pretty much everyone, i LOVE your headband!

Emily said...

Hey, Anne! Your little guy is so adorable! I love catching up with what's going on with you.

By the way, this is Emily (Grow) Shelton. Glad all is well with you!

Sarah said...

Awww... yay thanks!!! I can't believe it! I get a boy! I am soooo thrilled, seriously, never been so elated in my life!!!

I posted a pic of the nursery theme, but we probably won't narrow down names for a while, unless we totally fall in love with something. We had a few ideas rolling around, but nothing for sure yet.


WOOOHOOO!!! Boys totally rule!!!

Amanda Fetters said...

By the way, thanks for the idea on feeding the babe nekkid. Ingenious, I tell you. I started doing that after I saw your pic, and my laundry load is already thanking me.

Ellie said...

I love that you went to get your camera before you got him out of bed.

Bridget said...

I had to check out your site when I read your comment on Paige's blog. I see you on other blogs I read too.

Your baby is so cute and it almost made me kind of miss those baby days. LOVE your headband. It's so cute you must have made it. At least I can't ever find ones that cute.

Tristan said...

What an adorable baby boy! I think your blog is way cute! I am always happy to share my blog designing secrets! Just eMail me!

Heather said...

I like the day in the life of Anne when she updated her blog.

Lauren said...

this is cute and i need to meet hazen. i love babies, and he looks like a keeper.

Lauren said...

andd hal is cute too!!