Sunday, November 7, 2010

Employed!

So, as we may or may not have already discussed, I took the NCLEX on the 23rd of September. I was able to pass after only 75 questions, which is the minimum number of questions required. The current climate of job opportunities for new grads is NOT good. Only a few days after I passed the NCLEX, I had an interview at Timpanogos Hospital, which was a super lucky feat in and of itself. It took a while to hear back if I got the job or not, so while I was waiting, I was able to get a job working flu clinics. It is such an amazing feeling to be working as an RN!

After a little over 2 weeks of doing the flu clinics, I got a phone call saying that I had gotten the job at Timp! I was in the middle of doing a clinic, and it was hard not to cry a little bit. It's so crazy to think that everything that I have worked so hard for the past 2 years is falling into place. It just goes to show how prayers are answered, and how much hard work pays off! So, if you see a cute NURSE in NON-ROYAL BLUE scrubs? It's me. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anne! I'm so happy for you! You make scrubs look GOOD!

Dani said...

That's amazing! Congrats!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!!! This is great news (and you must be a really good RN... they can tell).