Sunday, May 23, 2010

What have we done to our child?







A week or so ago, I wasn't feel awesome. I can't remember if I had a stomachache or a headache, but I wasn't feel 100%. I decided to lay down for a while to try to feel better. Hazen, seeing that I wasn't being myself asked me, "What's wrong, Mommy?" I told him that I wasn't feeling very well, and he informed me that he would make me feel better. He ran off to the playroom, and came back, bearing his Dr toy set. From there, he proceeded to LITERALLY give me a head to toe assessment. He listened to my heart, and said "Ba bum, ba bum ba bum" as he moved the stethoscope over my chest. He even palpated and auscultated my abdomen, and gave me a trusty shot in my knee and the palm of my hand. I'm trying to teach him proper shot-giving techniques. Teach 'em young, right? With a Dad as a firefighter, and both parents as nurses, this kid doesn't have any chance against growing up completely inundated with all things medical. Good thing he's a good sport, and a quick learner!

(For what it's worth, I felt much better after having my own little doctor check me out. I guess a little TLC is all I needed!)

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

That is SOOOO SWEET!!! And you are so cute.

Randi said...

I love this and will definitely do the same to my kids!