Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Most Recent Adventure


So. I wasn't going to blog this, because I didn't want it to be an awkward foray into imagining what I look like naked, BUT, given the funny adventure it's turned out to be, I thought I'd throw all caution to the wind. If you know me, you know as a Hazen girl, I've got boobs. You also know that I hate aforementioned body part nearly more than, oh, Mustard. And War. And People who drive with Dream Catchers in their cars. (Seriously, these people must be stopped.)

So, I decided to take advantage of the killer insurance Jason has through work, and I did something about them. More specifically, Dr. Cheng did something about them, surgically, at Intermountain Medical Center on Friday morning at roughly 7am.

I checked in and had a grand old time with my nurses before surgery. The anesthesiologist met with me, asked if I had any questions, and as soon as I said no, he slipped me something that he said would make me not especially care about anything in the world. The last thing I remember was laughing hysterically before everything went blank. 6 hours later, I was awake, and vaguely aware that something had happened to my pants. If you've never been under general anesthesia, do it. It's quite the experience.

The first thing I remember hearing was a nurse asking someone how to administer Potassium. "Should I hook it to a line, or push it?" If you don't understand precisely what this means, google it. Come to find out, they weren't even talking about me, but I made sure to inform them that I enjoyed the way my heart was beating, and would appreciate it if they didn't kill me via a bolus of Potassium.
There was a lot of drama that I had with the incompetent nurse that is for another post for another day, but after Jason had to leave to go get Hazen kicking and screaming from Heather's house (the kid needs a sibling), my friends Heidi and Amanda came to spend the night with me in the hospital. They were JUST what I needed as I was feeling awfully lonely and sad before they came, and laughter truly is the best medicine. I love those girls for spending time with me even though I was on A.LOT of drugs.
Don't mind me and my teeny tiny small eye. And O2. I was having a hard time keeping my sats up, but a little bit of Oxygen on the Canula did the trick.

Since coming home, the pain hasn't been bad at all, but I want to puke. All.the.Time. In fact, having had a C-Section makes the pain from this procedure seem like a walk in the park. I have to sleep in a throne of pillows, which makes the good 'ole Cal King seem quite a bit smaller, but Jason is a trooper. Hazen's been really good with things, although I'm sure he's very confused at why he and Mom can't wrestle like we used to.

So, next time you see me, it makes it a lot less awkward to just ask to see a profile shot instead of giving me the wandering eye to check me out. Remember, I've been trying to get people to look me in the eyes me whole life- 25 is never too late to start!

13 comments:

diane said...

You look so happy in the hospital...must be the drugs. I bet you will love your lightened load.

Amanda Fetters said...

NO WAY!! Rock on, mama. I hope it is everything you hoped and dreamed. :)

Heather said...

I'm so glad you came out if the boob closet!!

Linsey said...

YEA you! How long before you are completely healed?

Hazen5 said...

Feel better soon! Can't wait to see them (cause you know I am totally gonna ask).

Miss Mary said...

Good for you! I am so happy for you and wish you a speedy recovery!

Ali said...

A close family member of mine had the procedure done when she was in high school. Her recovery was rough (like you mentioned) but OH MAN does she look good :) I hope you're feeling 100% soon.

I THINK YOU ARE SO SO FUNNY. By the way. Your list of what you hate killed me.

Liz said...

You're hilarious Anne - the dream catcher comment made me laugh out loud, & I don't usually do that on blogs. Hope you heal quickly, so Hazen has his mom to wrestle with again soon. I bet, other than the pain, that you are feeling great right now - yay for insurance.

Kirsten Krason said...

Did they give you any zofran. When I was suffering through morning sickness for months that stuff was my best friend.
I will miss your boobs during our hugs. They were nice and squishy.

Papa Nacho said...

Now ... you know I like to comment on your blog ... BUT ... this is really awkward so I'll just say "I'm looking forward to looking you in the eyes soon". Keep on feeling better.

Padre

Josh said...

lol great post. Kirsten's comment suffices. Get well soon.

queenieweenie said...

way to go girl...can't wait to see the awesome results!

Ashley Clark said...

If I heard a nurse saying "push potassium" close to me, I'd wake myself up out of general anesthesia to punch her in the face. An IV push of potassium is the very same way lethal injection is administered for death row convicts. What an idiot!

P.S. I concur about the dream catchers.