Friday, September 25, 2009

The Great Corn Fiasco of 2009






Remember last year when I decided to come home with well over 200 lbs of peaches? Do you think I learned? Bah! Absolutely not! This year, I decided we needed 11 dozen ears of corn around our house to shuck, decob, and deep freeze to enjoy corn throughout the winter.

It took way longer than I planned, and Jason ended up doing way more than HE planned, but we finished our project! Hazen was so cute, because he loved sitting on the porch with Jason, shucking the corn. Every time he would pull some of the husk off, he would jump up and down and exclaim, "I did it!" Then, when the corn was ready to be de-cobbed, he would bring it to me, (usually with a bite or two taken out), and say, "Here Mommy. I'm a helper!" That stuff just doesn't get old.

Our freezer is full of corn, but we look forward to the delicious treats we will make with it throughout the winter.

0 comments: