Saturday, September 12, 2009

HIDEOUS Pictures, but Hilarious Situation




So, a few weeks ago, I got really sick. I had been studying all day, not drinking enough water, coupled with the fact that I had gone boating the day before and hardly consumed any beverages. Needless to say, later in the afternoon, after almost passing out a few times, and not even being able to lift my head up, we decided to call Aubrey, who was working at the Fire Department to come give me an IV.

Now, my friends, if you ever HAVE to get an IV, having it whilst laying in your living room on the couch is definitely the way to go. I looked horrible, and was sweating profusely, hence the killer pit stains, but seriously after I had received the IV, I was a new woman! We just thought it was pretty funny having the ambulance come over to our house, but it was exactly what I needed! I'm a pretty tough stick, and it took 3 tries to finally get the IV in. Brandon blew my vein, which HURT a lot more than I had ever imagined. Next semester, when we get to start doing IVs, expect lots of practice to be going on in our house! Any volunteers?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

IV's are horrible - I mean, it's amazing what you can do with them, but they really don't feel good. I was actually just talking to Scott about this last night (how when I got sick after Will was born, & my veins blew three times with Vanco - I definitely feel your pain). I'm glad you're feeling better!

Liz said...

Sorry - that last comment was mine. I was signed in under Scott's name.

Kirsten Krason said...

OH I HATED my IV during Labor. It was the worst part of the whole thing. I'm glad you have good friends near by for times like these and when your head almost exploded.