Saturday, November 17, 2007

Weekly Summary


So, I always feel better about myself when I blog about journal-type things, so here you have it:

Dear Boy,

You are really cute. Like, really really really cute. Sometimes I can't stop giving you kisses- something I'm going to grateful for as long as you'll let me. It's 5:30 AM right now. We've been up since 3, but strangely I'm not annoyed with you this morning, because, as I might remind you, you are SOOOO cute. You slept all night in your crib last night, which was a first. You even took a nap in there yesterday. Right now, you're laying on the floor watching an Infomercial about some steam mop. You really like to watch TV. Did I mention that I'm paranoid that your TV watching as a baby is going to make you Autistic or give you ADHD? However, I'll let it slide because it's so early.

We've been hanging out a ton this week, because your Daddy is always at work. Have I told you yet today what an amazing Daddy you have? He loves you so much, and works super hard to support your pooping and my crafting habits. We've come to terms with having to be bottle fed. That stinking pump was the death of me and my ability to give you enough food. However, we're grateful for that pump, because you'll be able to get the good stuff for a while: Be sure to thank Aunt Heather and Stephanie Earl for the uses of their freezers!

You're doing a SUPER good job at lifting your head really high when you're on your belly, and you're thinking about doing a 1/2 roll over. Oh, by the way, you're really cute. You're smiling more. Yesterday, when I woke up from a nap because I wasn't feeling well, I walked into the room where you and Daddy were playing, and said hello to you. You immediately broke out in a huge smile. Thanks for that, because that made me feel really good. I'm sick, which makes me super sad, because I want to snuggle and kiss and love you WAY too much, but I won't because we want you to be healthy for the next big week!

You still get hiccups about 40 times a day, but you're marginally less grumpy about it then I am. Lots of people have commented on what a good baby you are, and even though I'm mean and I complain sometimes, you really are. And you're cute. I love being your mama. I'm already depressed about when you're going to grow up and leave me, but for the meantime, I'm just grateful I have you.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I like how the picture of him is saying oooooooooooooooo.

grammy said...

I second everything your Momma said. By the way, do you know how lucky you are to have such a great Mom. You came to her for a special reason. Heavenly Father has blessed your family, you are so loved.

Celia Fae said...

Anne, I can't believe how far baby HAL has come. What an adorable child. I wish I could hear him say his ooooos.

So you're missing that pump, huh? I'm sure you can hook it up again once in a while just for old time's sake. Maybe HAL is really saying MOOOOOOO.

Gabriella said...

Hal is pretty lucky to have such a great mom. I wish I could see him smile. We need to get together sometime soon!

Ashley Clark said...

Now that Hal came lift his head and almost roll over, is it time to proceed with his long-awaited fashion show?

Katie and joe said...

hey anne- this is lindsay bowerman's sister katie- i dont know if you remember me at all... but i remember you back in the days when we lived in danville! and i just wanted to tell you that your baby is adorable! i heard about everything that happened with him, and you are one lucky gal. anyways, just wanted to say hi! :)
katie

Hazen5 said...

I can hear the "OOOOOOOOOOS" already! I do agree he is cute. And by the way, R.J. still gives his momma kisses and the tightest hugs even at school in front of his friends. I hope it never ends!!!

Unknown said...

About the last sentence on your post - just have three or four boys - like I did - so at least you have a chance that one of them will still come home to his "mama".

Keep those kisses coming because one day, he'll return those kisses. My 4 and 7 boys still smother me with kisses!