Friday, September 3, 2010

Cooper's Run

A few weeks ago, I decided to run my second 5k of the summer. It was in honor of a little boy from Orem who was killed last year. As a tribute, his family organized a 5k, which was a really special way to celebrate the year anniversary of his death. This 5k was much more difficult for me than the one at the beginning of the summer, mainly because it was FIFTY THOUSAND DEGREES outside. Seriously. I don't think I've ever run when it was so hot! This 5k took me a minute and a half longer than the one at the beginning of the summer, which sucks, but it was still a really great experience for me. I was able to run it with a lot of friends from Crossfit, which made it a lot more fun. Even better, Jason and Hazen were waiting for me at the finish line. I realize that I look pretty AWESOME (hahahaha, not) running, but it really made it easy for me to gun it at the end when I heard my little boy cheering me on! Great race, can't wait for my next one!






1 comments:

SBB said...

Way to go, Anne!