Thursday, September 2, 2010

Birthday Party at Grandma's (With a Bagillion Pictures)




For Hazen's actual birthday, we went to my parent's house for dinner. One of the most amazing feat's of the day was that I wrapped his presents. With ribbon. For those who really know me, they know that this is amazing, because I HATE WRAPPING PRESENTS. It's just not fun for me. It takes forever, it makes me nauseous, and my presents never look as good as the presents of those who actually give a crap. I digress......





Hazen sure was a lucky boy. Grandma and Grandpa were there, along with the Danielson Cousins, Aubrey, Jason and Boston, and our friend Sabrina. Hazen has a big, fat crush on Sabrina, it's really funny. Hazen was lucky enough to get a cute Handy Manny shirt and refrigerator magnets from Grandma and Grandpa, a KILLER Emergency Station complete with Ambulance, Fire Truck, Helicopter, and Police car from the Danielsons, an Aqua Doodle from the Robisons, and some cars, a Memory game, and a new BIKE from Mom and Dad.

*Side Note: I had to make some grumpy calls to Heather after Hazen received his present from her, because I couldn't get him to eat, sleep, DO ANYTHING other than play with his Emergency station. A month later, and he's still obsessed!










This was such a fun year for a birthday, though. Last year, I don't really think that Hazen really "got" it. Sure, he was happy to get presents, but this year, he was so thrilled to sing "Happy Birthday" over and over, and he kept on running through the house screaming, "THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!!" As a parent, there's seriously nothing better than to hear that your little boy is happy!










After dinner, we had cupcakes Ice Cream for dinner. The boys ate and played on the stairs with their cars. It was so cute! Then, we just played catch and ran around in the backyard of Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was one of those perfect, fun, summer evenings. We sure are lucky to have such wonderful friends and family so close. If Hazen is anything, he is blessed.








0 comments: