Friday, November 21, 2008

Being Resourceful

WHEN Hazen was born I would ONLY get ready for the day when he was asleep, because I didn't like him whining or crying at me while I would get ready. Since I've chopped off my hair, I don't really have that luxury, because I can't pull it back in a ponytail. In good news, from shower to door, I'm about 25 minutes to get COMPLETELY ready, so I'm more willing to do it when he's up.


Child safety be darned! I just let him play under my sink now. Yes, that's shower cleaner he's holding. He's a big fan of the hairspray bottle, my round brushes, whitening strips and Q-Tips. I DO draw the line at the Clorox Spray, though. In my defense, he's sitting at my feet, and I'm watching him the whole time, and I dare say he likes it when Mommy gets pretty as much as I do!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait. I don't get it. Before he was born you ONLY got ready while he slept?

Hazen5 said...

I got your message today! I call you tomorrow. Hal is so cute, we can't wait to see you all at Christmas.

AnnEE said...

Check that. WHEN he was born!!! :o)

Unknown said...

Sorry. I hope you don't think I was being rude or anything.

I love you. I love your baby. I love your hair!

Linsey said...

I'm not sure what to do about the whole getting ready thing we they are really too old to join you in the bathroom -- I mean they are boys right? Caleb is almost 3 so he is starting to pay more attention, you know. But, locking him out of the bathroom doesn't seem like the best solution either...I'll let you know how we work this out.