Friday, November 25, 2011

Jason's Turkey



I lucked out in the sense that Jason is pretty dang good at cooking. I can always give him a recipe, and he is able to make a good meal out of it. I've lucked out, because there are far too men who refuse to even set food in the kitchen. I don't have time for that crap! Luckily, when we found out that we would be making a turkey for Thanksgiving, Jason took it on eagerly. He had always wanted to brine a turkey, so this was his perfect chance! He brined it for a day or two before Thanksgiving, and then when the special day came, he took on all of the preparation with the aforementioned bird. This was fine by me, because lately, raw meat is grossing me out more than ever! Hazen, being the eager helper that he is, wanted to help with getting the turkey ready for the oven. So, we washed his hands, and let him go to town! He was only really into it for all of 45 seconds, but hey, it makes for a good photo op, right? The turkey turned out amazing. I have to hand it to Jason; he's made a lot of really delicious turkeys before, but this was probably the best. Way to go, babe!

0 comments: