Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Beautiful Evening in the Canyon




Several weeks ago, Hazen went up the canyon on a Saturday night that both Jason and I were working. It made quite the impact on him, and I found him asking to go back over and over again. Who am I to say no? So, on another Saturday night that everyone had off, we invited cousins and Grandma and Grandpa to join us up American Fork canyon. It was such a beautiful night! Jason and I were in charge of getting stuff for sammies, and everyone else brought some sort of food, as well. We went to a part of the canyon that I had actually never visited before, and it did not disappoint! It took a while to get up there, driving on a very windy, dirt road, but once we were there, we saw the lake, and the beautiful views, and I was definitely glad that we had set time aside to have such a fun get away! We ate dinner, and then the kids and, lets face it, us, had a great time trying to skip rocks, and attempting to teach Hazen how to pee in the wild. Cousin Max is a lot more adventurous when it comes to things like that, but they both still had a great time. Brad brought his motorcycle and took the kids on rides. It was so much fun to have such a great, inexpensive evening only minutes away from home. Believe it or not, I also really enjoyed not having access to my phone or the internet for several hours. I know that I am way too accessible, so it was nice to just turn off the phone and focus on life while I could. I'm sad that the summer is over, but I hope that we can maybe take one more trip up the canyon before the long, cold winter comes back to bite us in the butt!

















0 comments: