Monday, August 8, 2011

A 4th Birthday



Dear Hazen-boy

Today you are four. Today, you surpass all odds that we thought you might achieve by four years. Today, you remind me yet again, that four years ago, the best thing that could ever happen to me, happened.

There are defining moments in everyone's lives. For me though, little buddy, the single most important event that has and will ever happen to me was the moment you joined us here on earth. You know, it's funny, looking back, I thought I loved you. To be quite honest, sometimes I don't even think I know the depth of this love I have for my sweet little boy. Oftentimes at work, I have people ask me why I decided to be a nurse. Did you know that even now, four years later, it's hard for me not to get a little choked up when I reply, "It's because of my baby". Your presence here has changed the entire course of my life, and for that I will be forever grateful.

You get me. You know just how to push my buttons, and believe me, sometimes you do, but you also know the ways to melt my heart. It's not rare when you and I are out running errands for people to comment on the beautiful relationship you and I share. Sometimes, after a long day, I sneak into your room, crawl into your bed, and hold your hand. I whisper stories about how much I love you, and kiss your sweaty little cheeks.

Your laughter is infectious, and it makes me so happy to hear it throughout the house all day long. Everyone who knows you LOVES you, Hazen boy. Your grandparents absolutely thrive on the relationship you have with them. Your cousins love you, and even Mommy and Daddy's friends treat you like family.

Hazen, I could write novels about how much I love you, but it would never do justice to the depth of emotion I feel for my sweet boy. You are my universe, my center, and the reason I exist. Until the end of time, I don't think I could find another Mama who loved her boy as much as I love you. Thank you for making my little realm of existence better. Thank you for teaching me about what love really is. Thank you for letting me be your Mommy. Until the end of time, I will try, however I can, to show you how much I love you.

Happy Birthday, Little Buddy.

Love, Mommy Girl

0 comments: