Thursday, July 22, 2010

Strawberry Days Fun












This is the 3rd year that I've been blogging about Strawberry Days, and it has gotten no less fun. I love Strawberry Days. I love living in this smaller town where often, I can drive down the road and see someone I know. It no longer feels like a place we're just stopping off, but a place we can call home. That, my friends, makes me happy.

We intended on doing our family pictures for the year at the carnival. This idea, in theory, was rock solid. In execution, it was not so awesome. Can you imagine trying to get a 3 year old to FOCUS when there was so much going on around him?? Not so easy. So, after about 25 minutes, rather than get mad, we decided to scrap the carnival idea, and find another locale for our family pictures this year.

On Saturday, Jason and I signed up for the 5k. The last time that I had run this race was 2 years prior. I had actually trained for the race, but still really struggled. This year was a totally different story! I took 9.5 minutes off of my time, and wasn't even hurting afterwards. I was really proud of myself!

I went home and showered, and then Hazen and I headed back to the station to watch the parade. We were able to sit on top of one of the engines to watch the parade, so we got some of the best seats in town! The only downside was that it was really hot up there! Hazen loved watching for Daddy to march by in the parade.

After the parade, we had the PGFD yearly BBQ at the station. It was fun to be able to catch up with everyone and eat some yummy food. I always love Strawberry Days, and I can't wait for next year, when we're done with school, and can enjoy it even more!

0 comments: