Monday, February 1, 2010

A Mommy Letter







Dear Hazen,

It appears that I haven't written you a letter in quite some time, so, never a better time than the present, right? You have no clue how much I love you, little boy. You make me so happy, and you remind me day in and day out what true love is all about.

Lately, you've been getting so big and independent. I love hearing you string together new words and thoughts and sentences together. It cracks me up hearing you use phrases that I use on a frequent basis, like, "Um, wait a second" or "Whatcha doing in here, Mommy?" The other night, You, Me, and Daddy were playing the Wii, and you said, "Oh crap!". Looks like Mama might need to watch what she says, huh?

Hazen, you are a sensitive little boy, and you pick up on things around you very easily. Your feelings get hurt somewhat easily, and I have to remind myself often that I need to be very careful with how I address you when I'm trying to teach you something. Thank you for not holding grudges, and being patient with my how I learn how to be your best Mommy. Lately you've been asking for chocolate for breakfast, and throwing quite the tantrum when you don't get it. This drives your Mama crazy. Please start enjoying cereal again, ok?

Hazen, you love love love love your Grandpa. It makes me so happy to see you run into his arms, and sit in his lap. You are so lucky to have such great Grandparents who take every available opportunity to spend time with you. What a blessing it is to live so close to so many members of your family.

You love going to nursery at church. You love to tell us about your pictures of Jesus, and sing songs about God. I love to peek in at you during church and see you sitting in the chair singing songs with your nursery leader.

Haz, you are the best boy I know. You make me laugh, and you make me tired, but most of all, you make me so grateful I have you.

Love,

Mama

0 comments: