Saturday, July 2, 2011

Camp Grandma





Fourth of July weekend, my mom decided to have "Camp Grandma" in their back yard. This involved Pizza for the kids, followed by smores, sparklers and pop rocks, along with a little glowstick fun. Hazen had been looking forward to this event all week, and kept on asking me when he would be able to sleep in a tent with Grandma in the backyard. Heather was the trooper of the group, and stayed in the tent with my Grandma and the kids. I slept snug as a bug in my bed. I know, I'm no fun, but the way I look at it is, I get so LITTLE sleep as it is, that I might as well take good sleep when I can get it!

Hazen didn't like the pop rocks, they made him really nervous, but as always he loved the sparklers, and the glow sticks were a hit with the kids. I took over "marshmellow roasting" duty for the babies, not so much because I'm nice, but because I think it's fun. :) I only caught Milsie's marshmellow in fire. Sorry!

When it was time to retire to the tent for bed, some did better than others. By this, I mean that every time Hazen would hear ANYTHING, he would loudly exclaim "What was that!?!" The kid also woke up at 5:30 am, so Heather took him to Walmart so he wouldn't wake up the other kids. Next time this happens, she'll have to send him downstairs so that she can get a little bit of sleep!

Haz is still asking when he can go camping next time. I'll have to get over my aversion to crappy nights sleep and take him sooner rather than later!

0 comments: