Sunday, March 20, 2011

Exciting Newness...

Anyone who is my facebook friend knows that I just scored myself a job in the Thoracic ICU. I couldn't be more excited if I possibly tried. Let's be honest, too- I am terrified! I'm so happy, though, because I feel like all of my hard work is finally REALLY coming to fruition. I've wanted to be an ICU nurse since day one of nursing school, and here we are. I am! I start tomorrow with new employee orientation, then I'll have my ICU class twice weekly for the next 10 weeks. I also work my first shift in the unit on Friday, and I am so nervous! So, with that in mind, I think I'm probably going to start a new, private blog that will chronicle my adventures as a new ICU nurse. I have to be super selective with who I invite to the blog, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

12 comments:

Linsey said...

Congratulations! I know you have worked extremely hard for this and you should be proud of yourself. I hope I make the cut for the new blog.

Amanda Fetters said...

GO YOU!! Of course I want to read your new blog.

Randi said...

I would obviously love to hear about your new job and your journey as a "new" nurse. Maybe it will give me some HOPE for life after school. Congrats! My email is Randena at hotmail dot com

Kirsten Krason said...

Way to go! I know the feeling of working hard for something and it is awesome! You totally deserve this. I am so excited for you!

Valerie Housley said...

I want in! ...that is if I make the cut! :) I'd love to hear about your experiences. My email is valeriehousley@gmail.com

Connie said...

I'm interested! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will be an awesome nurse.

Connie said...

I'm interested! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will be an awesome nurse.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

yay! congrats again you're amazing, and i miss your crusty crusts SO MUCH at work :-( invite me! jillynlarsen@yahoo.com

Linsey said...

Here you go: linseycrisler at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anne! You have many fans and I am one of them. I, too, hope I make the cut! melindajoypeterson at gmail dot com.

KJ said...

I would love to be invited to read your blog. I love reading your blog now and would enjoy hearing about you job. Kjwashton@gmail.com

This is ur old pal Kj from college!

Marie HMJ said...

ohh! I want one! Im glad I stopped by :)
johnsonmarie22@gmail.com