Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mama's Yearly Post



 Dear Hazen-boy

I can't believe it's that time again, so soon! It both shocks and horrifies me how rapidly time with you passes. I wish that I could push a button to make it stop, because just when I thought you couldn't be any more fun, you go and surprise me, and life with you just gets better. It never fails come August for your silly mom to wax a little more poetic, and find herself with tears in her eyes when thinking about you- but there will never be a day in my life when I am not awestruck with how blessed and lucky I am to have you.

Hazey, you are so smart. Not necessarily only in a scholastic way, but you are so wise. Your perception of people amazes me, and people always comment on how intuitive you are. Just last weekend, I got really sick with a horrific migraine. Daddy had to work, so it was just you and me. I was being quite the bump on the log, and as I apologized to you for not being able to be more fun, you came up to me, looked me in the eyes, and took my temperature with the back of your hand. You clicked your tongue and said, "Oh Mommy, you feel just a wittle bit warm. I wish I could make you better", then you kissed me on the forehead. No complaint over the fact that I basically asked you to feed and entertain yourself, but more concern over if I was ok. The other day, there was a HUGE spider in the shower. You immediately got your shoe, and said, "Don't worry Mom. I'll take care of it". Sometimes I'm not sure who's taking care of whom?

You are so incredibly flexible and understanding of my sometimes crazy work schedule. You make it known that you don't love having me gone, but also state that you understand that I have to "go take care of the sick peoples". There is absolutely nothing in this world better than walking through the door after a long shift and having you bolt into my arms in our "baby monkey hug". I love love love going on our weekly dates together. You crack me up how you know that date night means "cute shoes", and how you have to have your hair done. You are such a great conversationalist, and I absolutely beam knowing that I'm the luckiest person in the restaurant having you as my date.

Haz, I love you. I love you more than I will ever be able to express, and more than I will ever be worthy to give. Sometimes I feel like it was a little bit of a oversight on Heavenly Father's part to entrust YOU to ME, but I'll take it. You are my sun and my moon and my stars, and I love you more than I love myself. I know one day you'll read these entries and roll your eyes at your goofy mom who is more than a little obsessed with you, so you'll have to forgive me.

I can't wait to watch you to continue to grow, but, if it's all the same to you, would you please slow down?
Thank you for being my baby. Thank you for being my big boy. Thank you for being my best friend.

I love you.

Love,

Your best girl, AND your best Mom.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww so sweet. I both envy and pity the girl who ends up with you for a mother-in-law. Envy for obvious reasons (you're awesome and hilarious) but pity because Hazen is TOTALLY a mama's boy!

Amanda Fetters said...

I loved reading that. You are such a sweet mama and he is such a sweet + lucky boy!

Ashley Clark said...

Marisa's comment made me laugh. :) This is such a sweet post, and Hazen is such a sweet boy. Happy Birthday!

Cassanova said...

soo sweett https://www.fn92100.com/2020/11/pinjaman-online.html