Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lady Danville





Way back when, I went to high school with a very charismatic, delightful guy named Mike. Mike and I were in the Concert Choir presidency together, and spent QUITE a bit of time with one another. We pretty much lost contact after high school, but about 4 years ago, I stumbled upon some music by a group called "Mikey G and Dan from Danville". It was AWESOME. Turns out, that Mike had teamed up with another guy, Dan Chang, also from Danville, and made a band. Later, they gained another group member, Matt, and Lady Danville was born. I've been following them for a few years now, and when they came out in November or so, I was eager to get my ticket, and bring Jason out for a fun night on the town. It was great, and they were INCREDIBLE. I became a woman obsessed. :) So, when I found out that they were coming back and doing another show in February, I couldn't pass up a girl's night. Sammy, Aub, Becca and I all got dressed up, and went to Salt Lake to see the show. Once again, these guys did NOT disappoint.





This time, though, I got the added bonus of these cute boys staying the night at our house. After the show, they drove down to Pleasant Grove, where I had chicken tacos and chocolate chip cookies waiting. Even at 130 in the morning, they definitely scarfed down the food! I guess when you're out touring, you don't get a whole lot of home cooked food. :) We stayed up and talked for a little while later, and then sometime around 2 or 3, we all retired to our respective beds. The guys were such good sports about being put up on air mattresses, but at least I put chocolate on their pillows. :)

The next morning, they had to leave early, but I got up and made them waffles so they wouldn't have to go out and buy breakfast. It was so much fun having them stay over, and they were so well mannered, and definitely wonderful guests to have. I have given them strict instructions that any time that they are in Utah, our house needs to be their home away from home. If you've never heard of them before, look them up, because I guarantee you will love this talented group of artists!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me that! That is awesome. Mike is one of the funniest and most talented people in the world.

Michael said...

we had so much fun with you! and the chicken tacos were amazing. and so were the pancakes. wow, i'm getting hungry right now.... thanks again for being such a gracious hostess!